Seared Roe on Scallops Ingredients: (makes 6 appetizer portions)
12 roe-on scallops
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 fresh bay leaves
Portuguese sea salt and Tellicherry pepper to taste
Quick Potato Hash Ingredients: (Serves 6)
1lb Austrian Crescent Fingerling Potatoes
1/2 lb shallots (could substitute onion in a pinch)
¼ lb of wild boar bacon or kurobuta pork bacon
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Portuguese Sea Salt & Tellicherry Pepper to taste
Quick Potato Hash Directions:
1. Wash and small-dice the fingerlings into tiny cubes. Peel and finely dice the shallot.
2. Cut the bacon into ¼” slices. Add them to a dry pan on medium-low heat and slowly cook them to render out all their fat.
3. Once the bacon has rendered and is starting to crisp up, remove it from the pan and add the shallots to the bacon fat.
4. Sweat the shallots in the bacon fat until translucent.
5. Remove the shallots from the pan and replace them with the potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Do not stir them.
6. Once the potatoes have crisped up use a metal spatula to scrape them off the bottom of the pan and flip. Add the shallots and bacon back into the pan.
7. Drizzle in the red wine vinegar. Lightly stir. cook briefly on low heat to meld the flavors, and serve.
Seared Roe on Scallops Directions:
1. Get a pan with olive oil in it hot on medium high heat.
2. Carefully lay in the scallops and sear them for two minutes.
3. Flip the scallops and sear the other side for 30 seconds.
4. Remove the scallops from the pan. Deglaze the pan with vegetable stock and add the bay leaves. Bring the stock to a simmer.
5. Reduce the vegetable stock by half, then add the cream.
6. Continue to simmer to reduce the cream to nappe (it coats the back of a spoon without running off). Taste for flavor and add salt & pepper if necessary.
8. Strain the sauce.
9. Plate the scallops atop the hash, sauced with the cream pan sauce.
W S Laurie & Co. 2002 Ltd continues to be one of the market leadersSmart Marine – Boating, Fishing tackle and Sailing store – NZ
New Zealand’s no.1 marine discounters! boating, fishing & sailing gear at the very best pricesOutboard Marine – Specialists in Marine Engines, Manukau, Auckland, NZ
Welcome to Outboard Marine We are specialists in marine engines and the home of theThe Marine Centre Boat Dealers- Mt Maunganui, NZ
We are in our business to assist you in the decision-making re your boat, whether